About the Program
UCI's High Impact Hiring Program (HIHP) recruits new general campus faculty who are most likely to have a transformational impact on the quality, reputation and impact of our academic mission. We seek to recruit prominent and influential faculty leaders whose scholarly, scientific and creative accomplishments and career trajectories promise to accelerate our ascendency among the ranks of globally preeminent research universities.
2016-17 Single Call for Proposals
Your first step is to contact Judith Stepan-Norris, vice provost for academic planning, at 949-824-6503. She will meet with you as you begin to prepare your proposal to evaluate its fit within the HIHP and discuss ideas.
Full proposals are due to the Office of Academic Planning by 10:00 a.m., Tuesday, January 10, 2017, and should be submitted electronically, as a complete package, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposals received after the due date will not be considered for this program.
For complete instructions, view the following:
Past Calls and Outcomes
- HIHP Spring 2016 Provost Announcement of Outcomes [June 9, 2016]
- Call for Spring 2016 High Impact Hiring Plan (HIHP) Proposals [February 22, 2016]
- HIHP Fall 2015 Provost Announcement of Outcomes [January 21, 2016]
- Call for 2015-16 High Impact Hiring Plan (HIHP) Proposals [October 21, 2015]
- Results of the Third Phase of the High Impact Hiring Plan [August 14, 2015]
- High Impact Hiring Plan and Call for Proposals [March 25, 2015]
- Results of Second Phase of High Impact Hiring Plan [March 24, 2015]
- High Impact Hiring Plan & Call for Proposals [October 28, 2014]
- Results of First Phase of High Impact Hiring Plan [June 11, 2014]
- High Impact Hiring Plan Announcement [October 21, 2013]